RIVO is a portable Bluetooth keyboard about the size of a credit card. Being designed for users of iPhone who are blind or visually impaired, it supports iOS VoiceOver, text typing and editing, music and audio control. There are 20 keys in RIVO; 12 keys in the middle just like telephone keypad, 4 keys on the left and 4 keys on the right.
VoiceOver is an innovative technology from Apple and you can enjoy it like a breeze with RIVO. You can also type and edit text fast and easy, control music simple and handy. RIVO is indeed a smart keyboard to use your iPhone easily quickly and precisely to make the most out of it. Android TalkBack is another innovative technology from Google, and Android version of RIVO is also available.
RIVO for iOS is currently available in 37 versions covering 27 languages, and RIVO for Android is currently available only for English language.
RIVO can be a boon companion to your iPhone,
- if you're not good enough or just slow at using iPhone with touch interface.
- if you miss the comfortable keyboard at home while you're away from home.
- if you want to keep iPhone safely in your pocket or bag while on the move.
- if you want to charge iPhone plugged to the speaker while sitting on sofa or while in bed.
- if you want to use iPhone more comfortably and play with it all day long.
Here are a few comments from RIVO users (some are translations into English):
- RIVO is the most accurate and efficient tool for the blind to use smartphone.
- I have 275 apps on my iPhone and RIVO is really valuable and helpful.
- Alphabet typing becomes extremely fast with RIVO.
- RIVO's smallQWERTY is superior to the old method of alphabet entry.
- I use iPhone and RIVO every day, all day long.
- RIVO enables me to use my iPhone precisely and quickly while on the move.
- RIVO helps me use my iPhone without being conscious of surroundings with my gestures.
- RIVO gives me the convenience and freedom to use iPhone just like those who can see.
- We really love this wonderful keyboard that you guys have made for us.
- I love my RIVO. I keep it in my pocket all the time.
- RIVO can provide relief to many users who are struggling with touchpad interface.
- We were working with a customer who is blind, can only use one hand, and has cognitive disabilities. RIVO gave him better access than he had ever had before to a desktop or iOS device.
- RIVO will become a true part of my iPhone experience, and will make the iPhone so much easier to use. You have brought a wonderful device into our lives.
- This little gadget will definitely change the way I work with my iPhone. My right arm is feeling better already.
Here is an introductory audio Podcast about RIVO English version thanks to Mr. David Woodbridge from Australia: Audio Podcast.
Here is a video of an informal and candid conversation with Mr. Euseok Jung about his experience with iPhone and RIVO. Conversation is in Korean, but we've attached English transcription. Note that he uses RIVO and never touches his iPhone during the whole conversation: YouTube Video.
Smartphone is an important tool for everyone alike. We wish whoever has difficulty with touchscreen also become good at using smartphone and great apps to find greater possibilities.